Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Four Circles On-Line Class in May

Long distance learning has its advantages. On one hand, you don't have to get dressed up to attend class. You can do it from the privacy of your bedroom or kitchen. And on the other hand, neither do I.

I've had a lot of folks asking me about long distance training. One poor fellow in the Ukraine has been following me for a year. I finally got all the video pieces completed, and they've been languishing on my computer now for months. I thought I am not going for a Pulizter Prize, I just want to get the good word out about Vodou! So I decided to launch my classes, the world be damned and see what happens.

If you go to this link (http://www.sosyetedumarche.com/html/fc_online.html), you will find a FAQ on the upcoming class. It's going live on May 15, 2013. There's 120 minutes of proprietary video. There's homework assignments (fun stuff, no papers or lengthy essays, I don't have time to read those!) And a vibrant Yahoo group (still secret, so there''ll just be students myself and my Teacher's Aide) to help make the group feel connected.

Each week, I'll answer questions via a new video I'll post to the secret server. And we'll be able to mark the conclusion of the event via a video conference (I am still working on the details of that one).

So do let me know what you all think of this, and we'll step into the new fangled world of LD learning for the religion of Vodou. As a Legba child, I guess it was gonna happen sooner or later, and through me!

No comments: